How to obtain a copy of your relative's
RAN Service Record


To find out details of your relative’s war service go to the Australian War Memorial Nominal Roll for WW2 at:

Search there to get their Service No. Having this number makes it easier to find their records.

You can then go to the National Archives Site:

Click on “Search now as a Guest” If your relative is WW2 Navy you can view their complete record. When you find their record cllick on “View Digital Copy”. You can then view the record and download the image by right-clicking on "Save Image"

{Correct as at 18/3/2007}